Skip to main content

Animal Kingdom's Kidani Village

The lodge we stayed at in Animal Kingdom was one of the coolest things I have ever experienced. Truly a once in a lifetime experience for this little family. 
We stayed in Kidani Village. We were able to use our fast pass wrist bands to get in and out of our hotel, as well as in and out of the parks. The kids thought that was pretty awesome and fought over who got to open the doors. 
Our room was amazing, a little apartment/condo. Kitchen, two bedrooms, balcony all across the back connecting all of the rooms. Incredibly beautiful! I felt right at home there, which means I probably have expensive taste, but let's just say it's because it's cozy and inviting. 

Shawn and I agreed that our favorite day of the entire 10 day trip was the day it rained all day, with lightening and thunder, and we sat on the balcony with mugs of coffee watching the zebra get scared and run around after each lightening strike. That's what made this truly incredible to experience. 
It's amazing to see those animals up close to begin with, but add the elements of nature and I was completely in awe. 

The hotel had a lot to offer, and only being there two nights with our day in the middle being only rain it was a little hard to experience everything. The pool area was totally awesome, but we didn't get to swim in it with all of the lightening. Instead we did a cool Hidden Mickey scavenger hunt where we walked all over the hotel to find all of their hidden Mickey Mouse heads, and several of them were in the pool area so even though we didn't swim we did get wet, explore a little waterfall, and almost squish several little lizards that were darting under our feet. 
There was also the game room when we all got bored enough, as well as an arcade, but we skipped that part in favor of going out to dinner with everyone. 

The view from our room. 














Being educated on an Ostrich egg. 




They each made cute crafts to bring home. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Resolution Time!

Yay! My favorite time of year! Actually that's a lie, that would be summer, and we all know it, but I do love this time of year for two reasons: 1- The end of the holidays. The older I get, the more of a scrooge I become, but not a scroogy-scrooge in the sense of ruining holidays for everyone around me, I actually love the people in my life, immensely, but in the sense that the commercialized holiday, our waste as a nation, and the things people seem to find important this time of year... well, I just don't see eye to eye with all of you holiday junkies. #sorrynotsorry 2- Resolution Time! YES! This isn't about one-upping my fellow human being, but bettering my overall perspective on life as a human being myself. Oh, and there's a bonus third thing... 3- SPRING TIME IS COMING!!!!!!! The other better time of year! Flowers!!! All the flowers!!! So, I'm bringing the blog back, but not in any official capacity, and I make no guarantees that I'll stick with it o...

All the rest.

 It's mid August, and I'm just now posting the rest of our Disney World trip?! Yep. Sorry. Also sorry if you're sick of it. I'm not, and I'm getting ready to make a photo book to display on the floating shelf on my wall. I'm also still trying to figure out the right solution for all of my souvenir photos that makes Wanderer's Wall what it is. When I do you can bet your butt that I'll blog about it.  So, if you've been sitting around for three months wondering to yourself "Well, what else did they do in Disney World?" then you've come to the right place, because I'm about to show you! We did what all families do in Disney. Yell at our kids that they better have the best time of their lives, and shove ice cream in their hands. We're just good parents that way. You know, just following tradition. In all seriousness I've saved the best for last. Magic Kingdom is where it's at, it is what makes Disney, Disney. Howeve...